LLP – Leadership through CCE
Leadership Through CCE
Student Leadership Framework
Learning for Life Programmes (LLP) Level OutcomesThe LLP is designed to be age-appropriate and to ensure progressive and continuous development of our students:
- Secondary One: Confident Ping Yians with a sense of belonging to school
- Secondary Two: Active Ping Yians with a desire to contribute to the community
- Secondary Three: Concerned Ping Yians with a readiness to serve the nation
- Secondary Four/Five: Self-directed Ping Yians with a global outlook towards learning and service
- Student Councillors: The Student Councillors serve as role models of character, committed to inspiring and rallying the school, so as to forge a united Ping Yian community.
- Peer Support Leaders: The Peer Support Leaders (PSLs) in Ping Yi play an important role in creating a caring and positive peer culture in the school. Distressed students can turn to their friends for support under a Peer Support programme. PSLs are trained in peer helping skills.
- National Education Ambassadors: The National Education (NE) Ambassadors are trained to lead the four key commemorative days and signature programmes such as Chai Chee Trail and From Colony to Nation Trail.
- House Leaders: House captains lead their house in Inter-House activities.
- Co-curricular Activity (CCA) Leaders: CCA Leaders are responsible for providing visionary leadership in the CCA and leading in the planning and execution of activities.
The Character Education ProgrammeThrough our Character Education Programme, Ping Yians will see themselves as part of the larger community and understand that positive change can be effected through initiative and a sense of ownership.
Values In Action (VIA)
- Future Problem Solving Program International (FPSPI) Community Problem Solving (CmPS): Community Problem Solving bridges the gap between school and the real world. Lower secondary students learn powerful lessons about creating change, about dealing with local authorities and organizations, and about making a positive impact.
- Council for Third Age (C3A) Intergenerational Learning Programme: The Intergenerational Learning Programme encourages intergenerational bonding by matching youths and seniors in a group learning environment. Through practical lessons about culinary skills, music or technology, seniors acquire new knowledge while youths share theirs and learn character building.
- Values for Breakfast: Values for Breakfast provides public-speaking opportunities for our students to build their confidence and communication skills. In addition, it provides a platform for sharing and inculcating values and 21st Century socio-emotional competencies. Twice a week, students from a myriad of CCAs, Houses, Form Classes and Special Projects are given individual training in the fundamentals of Public-Speaking. They then deliver speeches ranging from the promotion of values like respect and resilience, to advocating their pet causes like protecting the environment and voluntarism.
National Registration Identification Card (NRIC) Presentation Ceremony
Cyber Wellness @ Ping Yi
The aim of the Cyber Wellness programme is to develop Ping Yians into discerning and responsible ICT users who are able to protect themselves and be responsible for their well-being in the cyberspace.
The school adopts MOE’s Cyber Wellness Framework in educating our students on Cyber Wellness. The framework focuses on three key processes: Sense, Think and Act.
order for students to ‘sense’ and ‘think’, they are provided with opportunities
to analyse, evaluate and reflect on Cyber Wellness issues.
Through various platforms provided, students translate their understanding into actions that will keep them safe while online. These platforms allow students to take on the role of advocates to share messages of Cyber Wellness with their peers and family.
may refer to https://www.moe.gov.sg/parentkit (a
website created by MOE for parents) for the parent kit to reinforce Cyber
Wellness education at home.
You may click here for more information on NYAA projects.